Anderson's

Anderson's

Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year

2014 has come and gone, hard to believe it's already January 2015! Just a few days shy of being 30 weeks already! It's crazy to think in about ten weeks i'll have a sweet extra addition to our family! I am very excited and nervous too! Silly, I know, third child I should be a pro by now, right!? Nope, each child is different, not knowing what to expect, how my sleep will look like, what labor will go like, if i'll make it to Flagstaff birth center before my little one comes to meet us. I think the thing i'm most nervous for is the 30 minute drive and not knowing how long labor will be! 

Thankfully David works only a mile away! Also, David has started a new endeavor, which we are both very excited for! He manages his Hotel still, but also a restaurant called Kicks on route 66 in town. So we have been still attempting to figure out our new schedule, so it seems like the perfect time to add another addition while we figure it out. School has gone from morning time to afternoon time, which the kids surprisingly have adjusted to pretty well!  The verse I have been clinging to lately is Matthew 6:34-34 “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Lot's of unknowns ahead of me, but yet I can be safe in the knowledge that God is in control of it all, and worry only about today. Am I loving my husband and kids in the mist of my growing belly, in the mist of the changes and emotions that revolve around my growing belly and baby, and am I finding time for God's word before i'm consumed by a baby who needs my attention almost all day. There are a lot of things I can work on each day instead of worrying about labor, and about sleep I haven't yet lost. 

So I try to take one day at a time, while I know I need to prepare for a baby, I also know that she is a blessing and i'm excited to see how she will differ from Sophia and Charles. Will she be silly like her brother, love music like her sister, what will be uniquely her! All these great things to look forward too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment