Anderson's

Anderson's

Monday, August 25, 2014

Almost time to begin school

Next week at this exact time, instead of sitting on my computer typing up a long and over due blog post; I will be starting home school with my kids for the first time! I ordered my curriculum "My Fathers World," which going over i'm pretty excited about. Last year I did a lot of pre-school stuff with them, so sitting down and doing "school" work wont seem so crazy. I am definitely a little nervous, which i'm assuming all parents are the first year they teach, and maybe even at the beginning of every year after! ( I think I will be anyways!) 

Although I read a couple wonderful books by Karen DeBeus called "Simply Home school" and "Called Home: finding Joy in letting God lead your Home school." Where one puts home schooling in perspective and why I want to home school, the other helps you to simplify homeschooling before you even beginning.

I want to be the one to teach my kids, not only their ABC's, how to use a scissor, but also about God, why we are here, what He has done for us, and how important He is. I love the idea of Home schooling, I know not every day will go as wonderfully as I imagine, but I know God will be with me every step of the way.


Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Pictures of our home school room:





No comments:

Post a Comment