Anderson's

Anderson's

Friday, October 21, 2011

SKUNK-2 US- 0!

So last night while David ran to work for a few minutes, i'm sitting on the floor singing with Sophia and Charles, as I sit there i'm thinking its so nice to sit here and having Snickers not barking! (which seems to be really unsual that he's not barking) So as I sit there I realize "WOW" it smells like skunk! I should go check on snickers! I get out there and see a big SKUNKS tail! So I run back in the house to get a flash light so I could see, and sure enough there was a skunk with its big ol tail straight up in the air! And my stupid dog is within 2 feet of him! Not barking at all! So I run back in the house again thinking I need to get my phone and ask David what I should do!

Because are gate was closed and the skunk and snickers were both in it and the skunk was next to the entrance! So as I go inside to grab my phone I look out with my flash light and sure enough the skunk turned its butt on where I just was and was face to face with snickers. Well I ran back outside and extremly thankful that David was just pulling into the drive way! So I run towards the car Wailing my arms! haha David thought something terrible happened to one of our kids the way I was acting. He has his window down and before he stopped the car I was able to yell SKUNK! So he gets out and starts chucking rocks at the skunk. (smart IDEA!) and he finally runs off!

Well Snickers was sprayed I don't know how many times, but its smelled like 100 times worse then last time! I thankfully wasn't sprayed but our house and our fence were. So I ran down to the family dollar to get more candles and smelly things to try and make our house smell good again. While I was gone David put a leash on snickers and turned on the water, Snickers must have remembered what was coming next because he wiggled off his collar and ran down the road!

So we were thankful we had more stuff to make up another skunk solution, Hydrogen Peroxide baking soda and dish soap! Pretty sure all our measurements were off for it but after we caught snickers again and put a  choke collar on him  instead our job began! We scrubbed him and hten sprayed him off with our  outside hose! And I think we are getting better at it, because even though he initially smelled worse he smelt better this time when we were done this last time. But we still weren't about to let him sleep in our room so we set up the bathroom for him again!

Then off we went to set the skunk trap again! We decided to put dog food in there instead of peanut butter, because that is what he seems to want! (snickers dog food!) Then shower and washing our clothes again and bedtime!

So this morning I got up before I brought snickers out and checked the trap! Sure enough the skunk had gotten in eaten the food and he must have had some fight with it because it was feet away from where we put the trap, but the skunk managed to get out! So we are hopeful if we try it again tonight and put a heavier rock on top so he can't move it around we may finally capture him!

No comments:

Post a Comment