Anderson's

Anderson's

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

skunk!

So last night we heard snickers barking, and he was in the backyard fenced in so I went out to let him out and bring him in only to realize I hear something behind me! So I let him out run up the stairs and see him run in the opposite direction, then I ran in to get David because snickers listens to him! Well we got him in and grabbed a flash light and sure enough there was a skunk right outside our house! How snickers and me didn't get sprayed when we were feet away from him is beyond me, but i'm very grateful I didn't!

Well the skunk was down stairs and the only way to get out and run away was come towards David, who was outside throwing rocks that way and shooting his b b gun his direction! We didn't hurt him but wanted to scare him enough that he wouldn't come back! Well after about 10 minutes of so of chucking rocks at him David came back in and we watched him with a flash light until he finally got enough courage to climb the stairs and run away! He was pretty small, but his tale was huge! Not sure how to tell how old skunks are, but I think he was pretty young. We still have no idea how he got where he was, if he fell 3 ft or so down or if he walked down the stairs, but glad none of us got sprayed and neither did our house!

Haha it made for a real adventurous night! Then after that we were worried to put snickers out to go to the bathroom before bed, but he didn't bark anymore that night and didn't get sprayed either, so it turned out to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment