Anderson's

Anderson's

Monday, October 17, 2011

the skunk returns!

Well last time the skunk came in our yard again, we got away without getting sprayed last time! Snickers barked at the skunk which is how we even new he was there, but this time he didn't bark at all! So after the kids went to bed David and me were working on cleaning out the car and installing his new radio/cd player/GPS we got him for a smoking deal at wal-mart! Well I went inside for I don't remember now, and it smelled terribly like a skunk! I thought oh no smells like he sprayed close by! Well I tell David and he tells me to let snickers out of the backyard, so I went to get him and OH BOY did he smell like SKUNK!

So anticipating a quiet restful night didn't end up being that way, David called our landlord because he recalled her talking about a skunk trap she had, so he went over there to get it and she also gave us a solution that was suppose to help get rid of the smell. So last night around 8 or 8:30 our work began! We made the solution doused snickers with it and then I held him down while David sprayed him off with the house! Then a little later we did it again, then we did it again using his Dog shampoo! Needless to say by the end I was soaked from a little above the knees down and i'm pretty sure a lot of neighbors driving by were looking at us wondering what in the world we were doing!

Since it was so cold last night we took all the rugs and everything out of the bathroom and put his pillow water and food and stuck him in there while we showered and washed our clothes! He still stunk, but we weren't about to leave him out after we doused him in freezing cold water!

This morning there is no skunk in the trap but snickers still stinks, and i'm afraid so does our house! Although outside smells worse by our neighbors fence, we are wondering if he sprayed him through the fence and wasn't in our yard after all, but who knows! Until next time I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I always wondered what someone would do to get rid of that smell. Ugh. My sister caught three this year, but they paid a company to put the traps in their yard. It was crazy expensive. I think around 200.00/catch! The first catch was the most and then the other catches were less, but still incredibly expensive. Hope you catch him soon!

    ReplyDelete