Anderson's

Anderson's

Friday, June 28, 2013

Potty training for real?

I hope so! I know I have tried multiple times to potty train Sophia! I think my husband had a wonderful solution for our delima! We have always attempted to potty train her and make her go from diaper to basically underwear! I think we both ended getting frustrated with that method. So I bought pull-ups after David brought up the idea.

Sophia seems to be catching on slowly, sometimes she goes to the bathroom just after she goes; like this morning she pooped then went to bathroom but did pee on the potty! So I count that as a success! Where before I would have been frustrated that her underwear was dirty and some pee would have probably ended up on my floor, and since I have mostly carpet all through my house I would have gotten frustrated and thrown her back in a diaper while I cleaned up the mess without having to worry if it would happen again.

 I think she likes that if she goes in her "underwear" it doesn't go everywhere. I also thinks she likes that she can actually pull off her pull up all by herself and pull it back up. I call them her underwear and she is very proud to wear underwear like her brother Charlie! :) I did buy her "real" underwear but for now I am satisfied with her attempting to use the toilet and using her pull-ups. I think Sophia is headed in the right direction! Now I just need to have more patients and keep encouraging her! She loves when your excited about something she does, and peeing gives her claps and cheers and she gets a big ol sweet smile!


Here are a couple pictures of her sweet smiles enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Just when I think i'm making headway in potty training, Sophia gets sick. Poor girl! Good thing it was just a quick 24 hour stomach bug... now to begin again.. with better luck hopefully! :)

    ReplyDelete